The Magus Senate of Dalaran
Magus Senate of Dalaran, also known as the Kirin Tor, was founded on December 20th 2012. Today we continue on that proud legacy. At our core, the Magus Senate is a political role-playing guild that directly serves the Council of Six as the government of the Magocracy of Dalaran.
As one of the oldest guilds on Moon Guard, our lore has been expanded upon by many of our members, the events we host, and the events we partake in with our community and our allies. The Magus Senate of Dalaran utilizes a great deal of fanon in its role-play to better develop stories for our guild and its members by expanding upon what official lore is available. While we do not expect anyone outside of our guild to acknowledge these stories, members of the guild are generally expected to try to incorporate our lore into their characters' histories and stories.
Additionally, the Senate is known for hosting lore and story driven campaigns and events, both for our own members, as well as the community as a whole. Such projects include our many Magical Symposiums, the Arcane Union, and several renowned campaigns.
In order to achieve the Kirin Tor's mission, the Magus Senate of Dalaran is made up of several sub-organizations, or Ministries, that encompass the major role-playing themes found within the Moon Guard community. These Ministries include Academics, Defense, State Security, and Foreign Affairs. For more detail regarding Ministries and their departments and divisions, see the Ministries page on our website.
Whether you roleplay an alchemist, battlemage, diplomat, engineer, guard, scholar, spy, or a student, our ministries are tailored to provide you a creative outlet where you can find a welcoming and engaging community to utilize your character's talents to their greatest potential.
The 3 R's: Rules, Requirements, and Recommendations
As an independent organization, The Magus Senate of Dalaran is open to recruiting membership from a wide variety of races and specializations across Azeroth provided they swear (or have sworn) allegiance to the Kirin Tor and possess rational nexus between your character’s RP/backstory and our organization. Despite this, however, there are some restrictions:
- Click Here for the Rules of the <Magus Senate of Dalaran>
- The following magics are strictly forbidden in-character without prior approval from officers, provided there is an extraordinary circumstance: Fel, Necromancy, Shadow/Void, Blood, and Drust. For more detail, see the Forbidden Magics Act in the Laws of Dalaran.
- Demon Hunters (IC or OOC) may not join the Magus Senate.
- Dragons may not join the Magus Senate.
- IC Warlocks may not join the Magus Senate, however, Warlocks may OOCly join the Magus Senate if they are IC proxies for mage, or something similar.
- IC Death Knights may not join the Magus Senate, however, Death Knights may OOCly join the Magus Senate if they are IC proxies for mage, or something similar.
- If for some reason there is an event that utilizes in-game combat mechanics, spells utilized must be non-Fel or Necromantic in nature: ie fire spells for Warlocks, and frost spells for Death Knights. Any character development, 'retcons', or deaths & resurrections that result in the development of the character becoming an IC Warlock or Deathknight will result in the character's immediate termination of affiliation. These classes may not wear "Warlock/Necromancer style" transmog sets and must have 'living/healthy' physical appearances (no decay, etc).
- Void Elves may only join the guild if they are role-played as High Elves, and have the High Elven skin tones and hair options.
- Our weekly (Guild) Senate Meeting occurs Sunday at 7:00 p.m. server time, and Ministry events occurring/typically starting between 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m throughout the week. Please make sure you can attend the Sunday Senate Meetings, at a minimum, before applying.
Recommended addon manager:
Ranks and Proficiencies
Most members of the Magus Senate of Dalaran are senators. Regardless of their affinity or proficiency for Arcane Magic, these members make up the bulk of the senate as full voting members who may also submit legislation. Senators are entitled to certain benefits. For more detail, see the Ranks section on our Website.
Furthermore, the Magocracy of Dalaran operates with a strict appreciation regarding the practice of magic and the classification of those who endow themselves within the mystical arts as the renowned pinnacle of magical might and chief center of learning for magicians throughout Azeroth. And just as a craft guild or trade union may rank its members in terms of their respective proficiency and tenure of service (apprentice, journeyman, and master), so too does the Kirin Tor. Below is the revised system of the ‘Apprentice Modelship’ as applicable to the Kirin Tor’s titles of prestige and their associated honorifics based solely upon the proficiency of one’s practition of Arcane magic. These ranks include Archmage, Undermage, Mage, Apprentice, and Novice. For more detail, see the Vice-Chancellors Memorandum.
Submitting an Application
When you apply to join the Senate, it will be assumed that your character literally received, filled out, and mailed in an application. For story, these applications can be found in the city of Dalaran proper, our outlying territories such as Amberledge or Ambermill, or our embassy in Stormwind City. Our application has an in-character section that is treated as such. Please provide as much detail as possible as applicable to your character - we really want to get to know you.
1. Fill out an application.
Please take your time when filling out the application.
We pay attention to detail, as should you.
2. Wait for your application to be reviewed.
Once you've submitted an application, it will be reviewed promptly within three days. If anything needs clarifying or critiquing during this time, an officer will inform you on your application.
3. If approved, schedule an interview.
If your application is approved, you will then receive a friends request and a private message from an officer in Discord.
Officers of the Magus Senate of Dalaran:
Chancellor Salazar Demes (Armory)
Vice-Chancellor Aetyleus the Elder (Armory)
Minister Cylus Baultery, Academics (Armory)
Minister Candun Greysong, Defense (Armory)
Minister Elberich Haltring, State Security (Armory)
Minister Zanbor Emerson, Foreign Affairs (Armory)
Minister Vorien Dawnstrider, without portfolio (Armory)